Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Love and Good Deeds

Man, props to guys that do this every day and multiple times a day.

A truly Christian faith is that which produces good works; but all good works which it produces are by love [13]

If I love God [a truly Christian faith] I will be producing good works and this good works will be produced because I love God.

It can seem like circular reasoning but I need both sides.
The first is a check that if I love God, it will be evidenced through good works expressed towards others. My wife, my daughter, my family and my friends should see that I love God through my actions towards them.
The second half is a reminder and challenge that I don't do the good works to be seen by these people or for people to pat me on the back or impress them. Instead they should grow out of a love for God and a desire to honour and please Him.

No comments: