Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Conflict of Interests


Between reading James and The Peacemaker by Ken Sande, God has really been addressing me in this area of conflict and a short quote from the book by Sande has helped me put the two resources together. Sande writes,
"Every time you encounter a conflict, you have an opportunity to show what you really think of God."

Such a short quote, but it is packed with truth. The book of James is written to help Christians see how God's wisdom affects all areas of life and more than that, not just that wisdom would be gathered but also applied. As it relates to conflict, when tempted I have a choice, I can say God's wisdom [His wisdom as it relates to my speech, my actions towards others, my desires] is good and worth following or I can trust my way. In that moment when conflict arises or even when conflict has started, I can display God's sovereignty and goodness and what I think of it, or I can display my craving for sovereignty in wanting things to go my way.

Oh God, I thank you for this humbling reminder and pray with increasing measure in faith and in the strength that you provide that I would reflect your goodness in the conflicts of life.

No comments: