Tuesday, August 25, 2009

He who finds a wife



Proverbs 18:22
He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord

9 years ago today, the Lord provided me with a good thing, a great thing in my wife Melanie and I have been blessed by favor from the Lord through her consistently through these last nine years.
It is amazing and humbling that Mel has joyfully followed me as we have trusted the Lord through what my calling and ministry life would look like. I am doing what I love and feel called to do, and she is giving up desires, dreams, lovingly and joyfully to follow a sinner like me.
She regularly prays for me, shares how God is using me to teach her and care for her.
She is patient with me as I learn to trust God and grow in being a more godly husband to her and for her. She does an amazing job caring for our daughter, caring for the ladies in our church and is an example to me in numerous ways.
I am convinced that when we meet our Savior one day, there will be many more crowns awaiting her for the sacrifices she has made through these 9 years and for the simple and yet joy filled ways she has served and followed the Savior.
I am blessed she is in my life and I am blessed to call her my wife.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen, brother. Your wife is the best :) Happy Anniversary! Danielle