Monday, June 18, 2007

Man they are Lifesavas!

A while back I wrote that I had been looking for a good Christian rap crew that I could get behind and nod my head to. Well, I think I've found them in Lifesavas! In an interview with Rhapsody there seems to be evidence of faith for some members of the group

http://www.plugonemag.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=145

And to my thoughts from before,
"So, my conclusion is not to abandon the message because there is no message with those "hits" and yet they stick in my head because of the beat. Ah, and there it is, if Christian rappers could craft the sick, dope, funky (whichever word you want to use)beats, then think of the power of that, because clear lyrics about the gospel would then be boppin' in people's heads. What a match that would be!"

I think Lifesavas are onto something. With Quannum Records and DJ Shadow on their side, matched with lyrics about everyday belief in God, it is a sweet, sweet sound.
So, good in fact that Pitchfork took notice,

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/43450-gutterfly

Listen and enjoy

No comments: