Friday, November 9, 2007

Loving God

"Without love, there can be no hearty submission to the will of God." [10]

Until I come to a place of loving God's ways I won't submit to Him or to His ways. And even as I come to Christ, I need the Holy Spirit and the Bible to help me understand and love God's ways and remind me that they are perfect, from a God who loves and worthy of surrendering my life to. I desire ease while God desires me to serve and put my wife and child's needs before my own. I want people to notice me, but God wants me to remember that the only person who I should be aware is watching is God. My ways lead to strife, hurt and destruction but God's will leads to a life increasing reflecting Jesus and eternal life. But, until I come to love God's ways and see them as perfect and beautiful, I will not surrender to them.
God help me to love you more that I might love your ways and surrender to them daily.

No comments: